TipMe accounts are regulated by the Central Bank of Liberia and account limits are set in accordance with the Mobile Money Regulations.
Account Levels indicate:
- Maximum Balance – the maximum amount of funds that can be held in a customer wallet at one time
- Daily Limit – the aggregate daily amount a customer can transact in one day
- Monthly Limit – the aggregate monthly amount a customer can transact in one month
TipMe customer accounts are set at Level One by default. To enjoy higher wallet and transaction limits, customers can provide additional documentation and request an upgrade.
Wallet limits for customer accounts are detailed in the table below. All values, depicted in United States Dollars, are also applicable to the Liberian Dollar equivalent.
|Level One||Level Two||Level Three|
To upgrade your account, kindly contact customer service via phone or email and provide the following documentation.
For a Level 2 upgrade, provide one of the following valid Identification Cards:
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s ID
- Passport, or
- National ID
For a Level 3 upgrade, provide a valid identification card and one of the following:
- Utility Bill (e.g., Electricity, Phone)
- Income Tax Certificate, or
- Bank Statement (showing three months of activity)